Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vaguely Disappointing

The weather here is kind of atrocious. But only sort of. I mean, sure it's cold and rainy and dismal. Apparently there was some freezing rain mixed in with the liquid precipitation, too. They even went so far as to cancel school where my wife works and delay school for our kids. But seriously, when I came to work, the roads were wet. Just wet. No snow, no real accumulation of ice. Just a lot of messy, damp ickiness. Now, I'm not saying that I actually want blizzard conditions or anything. Especially since I don't get a "get out of work free" card like the wife does (or school, for the kids). I have to brave whatever Mother Nature sends our way, which can be unpleasant at times. But this time, it just seems like there was a lot of hype over what was essentially a lot of rain. It's still raining, with the temperture hovering around 35 degrees. It's only quasi-evil. I'm underwhelmed.

No comments: