Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cognitive Discordia

Today I find myself caught up in a raging storm of rampant ponderings. There is no eye to the maelstrom, no calm center. Just the howling, directionless winds filled with a hodge-podge of mental debris. So much has happened, is happening, will happen soon that it's hard to keep up sometimes. I want to let the swirling chaos out. Make it external so that it has more space to vent it's fury. But though the medium for doing so is right in front of me, the words just won't flow from my mind to my fingers. The storm is too primal to be contained with mere words. The images and impressions too wild and raw. Strange that most of them are so very mundane in nature. Plans for this or that. Memories of a holiday trip. Lists of gifts that need to be bought. Nothing that, in solitude, would cause such a tempest. But the disparate parts coming together all at once form a powerful disarray that denies all notions of order. Such is my universe today. I'll weather it, of course. Sooner or later I'll find focus again or the dam will burst and I'll be able to pour it all out into a blog post (or three). Until then, anarchy rains.

No comments: