Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wii Love It!

We got a Wii! It was a wee bit expensive, but we figured we'd help prop up the faltering economy with some of that incentive money we are assured we will get in a couple weeks. The local Toys-R-Us just happened to have gotten a shipment in right about the time Ysabel, in a fit of spontaneity, decided to check on the possibility of getting one. And there it was, in all it's shining (and previously unattainable) glory, just waiting for her eager hands to pluck it, like a sacred golden apple, from the store's inventory.

Of course, they were out of the game I wanted to play on it first, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, but no matter. A quick stop at Best Buy on my way home remedied that. I got the last copy they had, actually. It's amazing how popular such things are these days.

After sneaking the "package" into the house past our inquisitive (and avaricious) children, my darling wife waited until I got home to do the grand unveiling. I wanted to be there to see their faces. Sure enough, I thought our 11-year-old was going to wet himself when he saw it.

We hooked the tiny console up to our best tv (which at some point I *will* replace with a large LCD flat panel) and spent the rest of the night investigating the wonders of the Wii. My first impressions? Freakin' awesome! Now, if they would just have the old Sega Genesis Shadowrun game and Chronotrigger available for download on the Virtual Console, I'd be in Wii heaven. I'd Wii myself. I'd have a Wii-gasm... Well, you get the idea.

No comments: