Friday, April 11, 2008

A Walk in the Garden

I'm not usually one to talk about food on my blog, but by a lucky happenstance we wound up having our SCA Shire business meeting at Olive Garden last night. I have to say, I'm generally adverse to spending more than $10.00US for a plate of food, but this was one time when I really didn't mind. I took a chance and ordered something that, while it sounded good, I'd never had before, the Stuffed Chicken Marsala. It turned out to be not just good, but Real Damn Good. It's not often that I grace a restaurant item with the RDG label. Sometimes they manage to be decent or even pretty good, but RDG is starting to edge into foodgasm territory. I walked out with a slight stomach ache because I was determined to eat every last scrap of the stuff. Partly due to the cost (you just don't waste food that costs that much), but more because it was simply RDG. The downside to having our meeting there was that the acoustics sucked and it was bloody hard to hear anyone talking about Shire business, but overall, I'm not complaining.

No comments: