Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring is in the Air

Ah, Spring. That magical time of year when a young man's thoughts turn to... allergies. Between the damned weather changing every 12 hours and the explosion of pollen that's saturating the atmosphere, I'm having serious respiratory distress. Is it too much to ask to be able to take a deep breath? I mean, I like breathing. It's gotten to be a habit with me. But sometimes Nature has other ideas. This is why we need to abandon our primitive little homeworld and build orbital space habitats. We can come down and visit our Mother Earth for vacations, but the rest of the time we could live in glorious, air-purified artificiality that was perfectly suited to our environmental comfort zones. Wouldn't that be lovely?

4 comments:

Hawk said...

Seriously man, the green goop has taken over my face. I feel like an extra in an alien flick. Only, the aliens apparently want me to cough a lot. We are gonna be some sexy fencers this weekend. Hack hack hack parry thrust cough

Corbin said...

Tell me about it. Sneezing in a rapier helm = not fun.

ladyysabel said...

I don't know.....it might give the rest of us a chance if you can't see or breathe.....::evil grin::

Hawk said...

Seriously, Thursday I was playing buckler against Matheus and he made me chase him all over the damn field. I just about coughed up a lung...killed him though. Oh, Kristy, I got a Youth to bring her dad...Faith knocked a couple bruises into me before I got her slowed down. Kids. She wants to win SOO BAD. So I make her fight SLOW MOTION. Since I am fighting the same speed, we work on some nice drills.