Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wings of Change

Well, the New Year is here, at least on the Gregorian calendar. We actually managed to do some major house cleaning and rearranged our downstairs living room over the long weekend. We got rid of some clutter, making room for new things to come into our home. Change is in the air and the new year is rife with promise. Time to shake off the stupor of the holidays and get busy. I always have felt more alive when I get to make changes to my environment now and then. Back when I was a kid I would rearrange my bedroom at least twice a year, just to keep it from stagnating. My wife doesn't care for change the way I do. I swear she has an Elvish soul. Or perhaps Mimbari. Can you tell that we've been watching our Babylon 5 dvds a lot lately. Just recently got all 5 seasons... but I digress. Uncomfortable as it may be sometimes, change is essential and unavoidable. If there is but one eternal truth in the universe(s), it is that change will come. So, we might as well embrace the good and learn to endure the bad because we can't escape it. In Native American lore, the Raven Spirit is a harbinger of change, among His many other roles. There are times I can almost hear the beat of His wings as reality shifts around me. A new start, a fresh and vibrant dawn, a world filled with exciting possibilities! What's not to like? Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: