Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Adrift in a Sea of Me

Have you ever had one of those days where it felt like you were lost in an ocean of your own cares and concerns? Like you were being swept along in conflicting currents of thought and never quite able to navigate to solid ground? Trying to focus on work on a day like this is impossible. I find myself thinking of just about everything but my current task. I have Yule gifts to find and purchase, rapier techniques to ponder and practice, rapier melee strategy to consider for the upcoming War, financial matters to work out, people to do and things to talk to. Or something. And that's just a sample of the chaos that is currently engulfing the vast reaches of my mental landscape. Like Captain Jack Sparrow in the final Pirates movie, I am trapped in Limbo, kept company by a multitude of myselves, each with his own agenda and none willing to wait his turn to seek my full attention. Perhaps it's a symptom of the unsettled weather outside, but whatever the cause, it's most disconcerting. Later in the day, hopefully, I'll be able to find some sheltered cove of calm thought amidst the cognitive squall.

2 comments:

Hawk said...

Yeah, I took a day off. Ok, so I ain't the youngest fighter in the group, but after fighting a 1/2 day Sunday, I ran a mile Monday, then took Tuesday off...to go to a kick boxing class. Shweet... Ok, NOW i hurt. MY legs are wore out...ME!

Of course, when she started doing double slides left and right I dropped into a fencing stance and was doing double lunges left and right. Cleared a lot of floor in two counts. I never thought I would go through a class that burned me up so hard.

Yeah, I love pain. When can we come fence again?

Oh yeah, I forgot the damn melee ring. I should have brought it just to win it back from you. Heh.

Corbin said...

Truly you are a glutton for punishment. I stand (er, sit) in awe.

You know you have a standing invitation to come try and stab us whenever. We are having practice again at our normal location Sunday, barring any stupid weather.