Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Solstice Eclipsed

There was a spectacular lunar eclipse that occurred last night. It just happens that today is the Winter Solstice, as well. But, I didn't wake up at 2:30am to look at the celestial show. It was overcast in my area, so there was no point. Also, I have a nasty cold and woke up this morning with the worst sore throat I've had in a while. Even without being sick, I had no plans to celebrate the Solstice in any proper fashion. Instead, I dragged my sick butt out of bed and went to work today. Oh, yeah, the magic of life has definitely ebbed. I feel almost completely bereft of the spark that used to drive me to seek beauty and wonder. The grim, cold, ugly world has won. How sad.

2 comments:

college_girl_15 said...

I really wish I could have seen the solstice but, similar to you, I also had haze and some fog blocking my view so there was sadly no point.
Hope you're feeling better!

Corbin said...

Sometimes the weather conspires against us. It's just more proof of Nature's cruel sense of irony when it puts on a spectacular sky show and then refuses to let us see it.

Hope you had a great holiday otherwise! :)