Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Desperately Seeking Inspiration

So, I'm trying to come up with an entry for a monthly "Flash Fiction" contest on one of the SciFi/Fantasy sites that I frequent. The theme this month is "Super Powers" and I have to admit, this one has me stumped. It's going to be a real challenge to come up with something original in a genre that has been done to death. I have one idea that sounds good in theory, but the execution is proving to be a bit tricky. If I'm not careful, I'll have another flop on my hands. I tend to either do really well or completely flub it. There's rarely an in between with my stories. Well, nothing for it but to try and crank something out in the next little while, I suppose. Maybe if I just go with my gut and then polish it from there, it won't turn out too badly. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't be any bigger of a flop than mine. Just go for it.

My favorite super power: move through time and space. What's yours?

Corbin said...

Actually, aside from a couple of (very minor and correctable) typos, I liked your entry quite a lot. The writing and concept were solid. The ending needed to be firmed up, but that's about it.

My favorite super power? That's a tough one. I've always wanted to be able to fly, but that's kind of boring. I'd have to have something else to go with it, like some kind of energy-based power, maybe.