Monday, February 18, 2008

Back from the Dead

"Your friend here is only mostly dead..." - Miracle Max, The Princess Bride

That was me and Ysabel all last week. The flu took us down hard. I'm happy to say that we are "mostly" recovered now. I'm back at work and should be ok to get back to my rapier drills and other happy activities at home tonight. One benefit of being sick was getting caught up on my reading. I still have a stack of 4 or 5 paperbacks on the "to read" pile, but it's less than it was. Over the weekend, once we were well enough to be interested in things other than sleeping and staring at the tv, we actually played some Magic the Gathering and I got to resume my game of Neverwinter Nights 2. I'd put it aside several months ago due to being too damn busy to keep up with it. Now, however, my Rogue (3)/Wizard (5)/Arcane Trickster (6) is kicking butt and taking names. He's now a Captain in service to Neverwinter and has been given his very own fortress to maintain. For those unfamiliar with the game, it's a computer game based on the Forgotten Realms setting from Dungeons and Dragons. Geek? Me? Hell, yeah!! Unfortunately, I was only well enough to play it for a couple of days. Prior to that, I was doing good to be a couch slug. Not that reading or staring mindlessly at the tv is all bad, but after a couple days they start to lose their appeal. I hate being sick. Of course, when I came into work this morning I found out that one of my co-workers has the Chicken Pox. I've never had the Pox, so knowing my (bad) luck, that will be the next adventure in store for me. What a joy! <---- sarcasm, in case you missed it.

3 comments:

Hawk said...

Yeah...*hypnotic voice* come down and kill us will swords. We will just stand here and let you kill us...it will be EASY...

Oh, and bring anything you want us to cart to Gulf Wars. We can start stacking it on the trailer. I don't know right now if I am going to make the Northern war practice. i would love to, but Rachel may have a college award thingy to go to...in Montgomery.

Corbin said...

Awww... if you just stand there and let us kill you, where's the fun in that?

We are probably going to try and bring down everything but the gas grill. It's too clunky to fit in the van. Unless we strap the kids to the top... hmmmmm...

I'll bring along a couple of Magic decks, too, if you want. And if there just happens to be some role-playing going on, I certainly wouldn't object. One can only kill pixelated orcses so much before it becomes old hat.

Joel said...

It was good to see you Saturday. I need to see if my copy of Neverwinter Nights works on my new 'puter. :)