Friday, September 30, 2011

Inspiration

I just got finished submitting a short story to the Writers of the Future contest. Oddly, another idea just popped into my head immediately after. I guess I'll see if I can finish something in time for the next quarter's contest. I need to be able to take a piece of writing from concept to finished product a bit faster than I have in the past. It takes practice, I suppose, and the only way to get better is to do it. So far, I have a rough concept, a title and the opening scene figured out. Still a long way to go before it all comes together. Inspiration is only the beginning.

1 comment:

Tobias Morgan said...

That happens to me fairly often, but I either forget the idea I had, or I can never get anywhere with it.

Just today I had two similar but distinct-enough ideas for stories about the Antichrist (no joke, was listening to coverage of the Obama heckler and my brain started working). Will I ever do anything with it? Eh. Dunno.