Friday, April 8, 2011

Gulf Wars, Day 2 (Tuesday, March 15th)

Tuesday morning the storms had blown through and we were looking forward to the rest of the week being warm and sunny. Ysabel had been talked into being the Rapier Marshal of the Day that day, so she had to be up and out fairly early. I, on the other hand, spent most of the morning in camp trying to clean up the soggy mess that was left after all the dripping that went on in our tent the night before. Constanza was nice enough to string a clothes line for me and I hung our blankets out to dry in the sun. After that, I checked our fighting gear that had been stowed outside the tent in (I had hoped) water-proof cases. The rapier cases had held up nicely, but the case with our Cut & Thrust armor had a fairly major puddle of water in it. I had to pull everything out and wipe it down. Still haven't gotten all the rust off of some of it. Damn it. Once I'd dealt with everything in camp that I could, I got in my fighting gear and headed for the field. Once again, I was hauling the cart behind me. To be honest, I don't remember much of the fighting that I did that day. It's all kind of a blur. The biggest thing that I remember was hearing about one of our Meridian fighters making an ass of himself the night before. The story of the drunken Meridian fencer was all over Gulf Wars by the time I got to the field. I won't go into detail about it, as it is not my place to spread such stories. Suffice it to say that we had some damage control to do. The day wore on, with some fighting, some political maneuvering, watching various tourneys that I had little interest in fighting in, etc. We retired to our camp that evening, ate a nice dinner, and put our tent back in order. Both of our most important battles had been scheduled on Wednesday, a couple of hours apart. It was going to be a long, gruelling day. I was intent on getting enough sleep to be ready for it, so we turned in reasonably early. Sleeping on a dry bed shouldn't be luxury, but it sure felt like it after the previous night's waterworks. I drifted off into the arms of Morpheus and dreamed of the glories that dawn would bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your tent got soaked!

Hopefully I'm not the aforementioned drunken fighter who made an ass of himself. I'm pretty sure my folly was Tuesday night, not Monday.

Corbin said...

Nope, nothing you did was all that bad. Amusing, perhaps, but not bad. ;)