Friday, January 14, 2011

Frozen

The world is frozen. Snow and ice have locked down progress and movement for endless days. As outside, so inside. My mind, my spirit, down to my core, frozen solid. Locked in standby mode, hibernating, waiting for the thaw. Icy winds blow strong and fierce, stealing away the heat of creativity, of intellect, of will. A vast tundra of nothingness stretches away, flat, featureless and bleak. There is no hint of Springtime, no trace of warmth, no brave shoots of green growing things defying Winter's dominion. The light is a feeble and ineffective thing, weak and wavering, barely penetrating the crystalline mist that obscures my thoughts. My mind trudges on, weary and cold, to destinations seemingly unreachable, goals unrealized. The world is frozen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was nice, actually liked that. More?

Corbin said...

It was an attempt to be more artistic in my phrasing. Glad it worked for you. :)

I actually have a couple of rough drafts set in the same world(s) as the laundrymat story that you might be interested in reading. One is a prologue for the main storyline and the other is a side story. The side story isn't quite finished yet, but I'll send them along if you wish to read.