Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Withdrawn

I've been having a hard time feeling any desire to connect with the rest of the world lately. My soul yearns for alien landscapes far removed from the mundane reality of my day-to-day existence. I crave the exotic, the esoteric. I am a wild spirit confined, a dreamer forced to wake up from a dream of golden possibility. I want to experience something fey and beautiful. I want to be lost in an enchanted wood. I want to soar on the wings of a dragon. I want to stand on top of a wizard's tower and command the raging tempest. But, no. Such is not my lot in life. It's hard to accept, sometimes, but what else can I do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take up that sword and slice something! Live, man, live!

Just trying to be annoying, ignore me if you want.

I joined NaNoWriMo this year. Maybe I'll finish something...maybe not. You can watch the carnage, or join me?

You've been writing, right?

Corbin said...

Annoying? No. You're probably right. Easier said then done, though. The whole living thing, I mean.

NaNoWriMo? Sounds... interesting. I have been doing some writing, actually, as I can find the time. I'm about 2000 words into the prologue for The Quicksilver Gate, which is the working title for the story with the laundrymat. :)

Anonymous said...

Chop the 'the', just "Quicksilver Gate". I like it. :)